Thursday, January 6, 2011

Altered Change Jar

Well this my last month as a DT member at A Walk Down Memory Lane where I have been for a year. Well actually we all got to be there for an extra month while they get the next DT ready. So this is my first project for my last month there. Today's project is my tip/technique for using rub-ons. I know they work well on paper for your cards and layouts....but have you ever tried to use them on glass/plastic? Today I used them on a plastic jar to jazz up my change jar.



On the jar I used rub-ons from Basic Grey Wander collection. I thought the map would be good on my jar for my summer trip. I also created the fun tag to tie around the top.



Here is a closer picture of the tag. On this tag I also used paper from the Wander collection. I grabbed my Xyron Design Runner and the travel disc to pick out a saying for the tag. The design runner worker GREAT on the piece of cork!



Supplies used on this project: Xyron adhesive, design runner; Basic Grey Wander paper, rub-ons, brad & bling; Maya Road clock; Quick Cutz cork.

Now I just need to fill this jar up :) Have a fabulous day!
Stacy

4 comments:

  1. Stacy--thanks for the idea....I may be going to NYC in early June--I need a change jar...I am going to do this too.....what a great idea thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous blog.. always admired your work.
    By the way, I just received the Stylish Blog award and am choosing 15 blogs to offer it to. I choose you! You may or may not accept it. That's up to you! You can pick up the details here:
    http://beeceecreativity.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jar and that tag rocks!!
    Yes, I hope I can keep my room a litle more organized the problem is Im a messy scrapper and then I dont take the time to clean up until its a huge mess!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete