Sunday, July 1, 2012

Altered Cake Plate}

Hey there everyone, hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.  The project i'm showing you today is something that I created for a gift for a dear friend at work.  She collects cake plates and Amy from The Scrapbooking Studio ordered this in for me to alter for that special persons birthday. (her mom)  So I can say that I have not altered a cake plate before, and after 7 hours....it was finally done.  Here is a pic of the finished project.  I think I used a little bit of everything I had in my stash...Carta Bella Paper, Maya Road ribbon and bling, Idea-ology embellishments, Ranger ink...you name it and I think it's on there!


Here are a couple of close up photos.


I hot glued Maya Road ribbon all the way around the outside of it.


My idea of the cake topper!


Thanks for stopping by today, hope you enjoy what's left of your weekend!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment