Thursday, November 28, 2013

Let It Snow

Good morning everyone, and first of all I would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!  Don't be fooled by the title of this post.....I really DON'T want it to snow!!

I have a project up today on the Art Anthology blog, so hop on over and check it out.  Here is my finished canvas project.




I started with a 6x6 Deep Edge canvas from Winsor & Newton. The first thing I did was to add a piece of music note paper to it then let it dry.  I painted the top part of the canvas with Art Anthology Aloha blue Velvet Dimensional paint and the bottom with the Cotton paint.

While that was drying I cut out of grunge board a snowman and snowflake using the Winter Wonderland die from Sizzix.  I put a layer of gesso on the snowman first then started painting.  I again used the Cotton paint for the body of the snowman, then added a little Blizzard Dimensional Crystal to it.  The scarf was painted with Desire Velvet Dimensional Paint, the arms painted with the Truffle color and of course the hat and buttons done with Tuxedo.  The bright orange nose I did by dipping my paintbrush into the Juicy Colorations Spray.



For the 3D snowflakes I used the Blizzard Dimensional Crystal.

You can follow along and make a canvas of your own by watching this YouTube video!


You can grab everything you need to create this canvas online at The Scrapbooking Studio HERE!

Supplies Used:
Art Anthology - 
Velvet Dimensional Paint (Tuxedo, Cotton, Truffle, Desire, Aloha)
Dimensional Crystal (Blizzard)
Colorations Spray (Juicy)

Winsor & Newton - 6x6 Deep Edge Canvas

Sizzix - Winter Wonderland

Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a wonderful time with your families!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment