Monday, November 11, 2013

Stepping Out Of The Box } Art Anthology

Hello everyone I hope you have had a wonderful weekend!  I wanted to share a project I have been working on for Art Anthology.  We have recently redone our living room so I wanted to try something new to hang on the wall.  I have never created a canvas before, so I gave that a shot.  I recently had the honor of meeting Jenn Starr at my local store The Scrapbooking Studio and she shared some of her amazing canvas creations with me.  They were so stunning that I had to give it a try.  Here is what my canvas looks like right now!  I say right now because it's needs something added to it but I just have no idea what that something is!
SONY DSC
I started with some Art Anthology gesso and covered the entire canvas, then let it dry.  I added a couple of pieces of music note tissue paper in the corners.  Next I grabbed the colors that I thought would go best in my living room.  I'm going for the warm color feel in there....lots of browns, sierra and i'm trying to add a deep dark red for accents. 
On the left side of the canvas I started with Kenyan Sorbet dimensional paint.  Once I had that sections done I actually mixed in a little Desire Velvet to add just a touch of red to it.  In the middle of the canvas I painted a section using Portobello Velvet then blended into a little Truffle Velvet.  I let that dry then again mixed a the Kenyan and Truffle and went over a couple of areas on the right side.
Once the paint was dry I used one of the lids from the Colorations spray and dipped it into the Kenyan paint to add circles all around the canvas.
SONY DSC
I grabbed my Mocha Colorations spray and used my new Tim Holtz stripes stencil and sprayed away.  I LOVE the look that added to the canvas!
SONY DSC
Well I had fun working on my first canvas.  I don't think it's done yet.  I'm thinking about what else I could add to it, but i'm happy I jumped in and tried something new and out of the box for me!  You can grab all of these amazing Art Anthology products online at The Scrapbooking Studio!

Supplies Used-
Velvet Dimensional Paint - Desire, Portobello, Truffle
Sorbet Dimensional Paint - Kenyan (my favorite color)
Colorations Spray - Mocha
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today, I hope you have a fabulous day!
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment