Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Birthday Box } Petaloo Fun

Hey there everyone, thanks for stopping by today.  I have a fun project to share with you today using lots of amazing Petaloo goodies!  Along with the wonderful Petaloo product we were sent this month Chery also sent us the super cute Doodlebug Sugar Shoppe collection.

I love to alter things, and I thought this gift box would be perfect to place a birthday gift in for someone.  I found this paper mache box at the dollar store and knew it would be the perfect way to give a gift.  

 I painted the edges of the box using Art Anthology Velvet Dimensional Paint (Myan Gold), once that was dry it was time to add the paper to the box.  I cut all of the pieces, inked the edges with Ranger Distress Ink (Walnut Stain), ran the pieces through my Xyron 5" Creative Station and started layering!


You can see the top of the box a little in the photo below.  The Doodlebug Sugar Shoppe came with these fun enamel dots and little straw and banner pieces.  I grabbed my Xyron liquid glue and started placing the flowers to the lid, then I placed glue around the end of the straws and stuck them in between the flowers.


Here is a better view of the top of the box!!!  I simply adore this project and don't want to give it away, it's so bright and fun!!


Supplies Used:
Petaloo - Botanica Blooms (Teal & Fuchsia), Spring Berry Clusters (Pink), Minis (Yellow), Velvet Hydrangeas (Orange)
Xyron - 5" Creative Station, liquid glue
Doodlebug - Sugar Shoppe Collection
Art Anthology - Velvet Dimensional Paint (Myan Gold)

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment