Saturday, June 7, 2014

Father's Day Trinket Box

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by today.  I have a fun project to share with you today that is a perfect way to give your dad a little trinket or gift certificate for Father's Day.  I don't know about you, but it's hard to by for my husband and dad for Father's Day.  I get oh I don't want or need anything....that being said I do know that my dad will never turn away a gift certificate to go golfing!!  This box is the right size to place that in!!
I love to alter boxes, it's one of my favorite things to do.  They make such a great, unique way to give a gift.  Not to mention you can find a paper mache box to alter almost anywhere!  I grabbed the Quick Quotes paper that Cheryl had sent us, it's called Calypso Collection.  I love the colors in this line and how well the line goes with the Petaloo goodies!
Petaloo Quick Quotes1
I inked all of the pattern paper using Ranger Walnut Stain Distress Ink, ran the papers through my Xyron 5" Creative Station and it was smooth sailing from there!  Here is a better view of the top of the box.  Can I just tell you how TOTALLY AMAZING the burlap blossoms are....i'm so in love with these flowers and the butterflies....well these are a must have!!!!  I used the Burlap Blossoms (Teal & Ivory) on the lid and you can see in the photo below I took apart a Spring Berry Cluster (another must have in EVERY color) and placed them around the flowers.  This collection from Quick Quotes came with some really cool chipboard stickers as well so I popped one of those up in the flowers.
June QQ 1
Supplies Used:
Petaloo - Burlap Blossoms (Teal & Ivory)
Petaloo - Spring Berry Clusters (Teal)
Quick Quotes - Calypso Collection
Xyron - 5" Creative Station
Ranger - Walnut Stain distress ink
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  I hope this gives you some inspiration on a crafty, unique way to start giving gifts to your loved ones!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment