Friday, June 27, 2014

Patriotic Home Decor

Hey there everyone today i'm going to share a home decor piece with you just in time for the 4th of July! I will show you the finished project first then break down how you can create it!
July 4th 4 step6
So to create this you first start with any size piece of corrugated board.  The size of this project is 6x6.  Tear off bits of the board then paint with Art Anthology gesso.
July 4th step 1
Using pattern paper cut a piece that is about 1/4" smaller then your board and adhere at an angle using Xyron adhesive.
July 4th 9 step2
I used the Tim Holtz star stencil along with some Art Anthology Stones Effects Dimensional Medium (Brick) to place some red stars over the pattern paper.  I used a sponge to do this.
July 4th 8 step3
I used an older line for this project and I loved the chevrons on this Pink Paislee collection.  I cut the chevrons out and adhered them across the pattern paper.
July 4th 6 step4
Next it's time to decorate and embellish with the amazing Petaloo flowers.  I used Darjeeling Petites (Teastanie) and Burlap blossoms (Ivory).  The Xyron liquid glue works very well for this!  Before I placed the flowers down I tied some Tim Holtz trim around the board so that I could hang a tag from it. 
July 4th 5 step5
You can see the enameled tag below.  I cut apart some remnant rubs from Tim Holtz so it would say happy 4th.
July 4th 2 step8
You can see a couple of close up photos below of the flowers and stencil work.
July 4th 3 step7
July 4th 1 step9
Supplies Used:
Petaloo - Darjeeling Petites (Teastaine) Burlap Blossoms (Ivory), Spring Berry Clusters
Pink Paislee - Declaration Collection
Xyron - Mini runner, liquid glue, high tack glue dots
Tim Holtz - Card "J", trims, enameled tags, remnant rubs, star stencil
Art Anthology - Gesso, Stone Effects Dimensional Medium (Brick)
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today, hope you have an amazing day!!
~Stacy

1 comment: