Saturday, July 5, 2014

Christmas In July

Hey there everyone, I have a fun project to share with you.  I know it's a little early, but how about a Christmas in July post for you!!!  Sometimes it's better to get your projects done a little early since the Holiday time is so crazy busy.  I created this fun countdown to Christmas using one of the Artful Binders from Basically Bare.  There are lots of yummy photos of this.....i mean it is 25 pages :) 
So lets start with the cover.  I painted the cover with Art Anthology white gesso, then inked all the edges brown.  I cut the pattern paper about 1/4" smaller then the cover adhered it with my Xyron adhesive and went to town decorating.  The fabulous bow I made using May Arts ribbon.
Xmas in July cover
A few close ups of the cover.
xmas in July cover close up1
xmas in July cover close up2
A side view of all of the yummy pages inside.
xmas in July cover side
Now for the inside.  There are tons of spaces for photos, journaling and whatever else I want to add!!
xmas in July pg1
xmas in July pg 2-3
xmas in July pg 4-5
I also added some kraft tags throughout the album.
xmas in July pg 6-7
xmas in July pg 8-9
I added a few smaller pages to the binder which you could also use the add on pages that Basically Bare sells as well.  The main pages are perfect to turn into pockets like the photo below.
xmas in July pg 10-11 - Copy
xmas in July pg 12-13 - Copy
Page 15 has a hidden spot that slides out from the right of the page.
xmas in July pg14-15
xmas in July pg16-17
xmas in july pg18-19
On page 20 I created a little hidden journaling tag and made it easy to slide out by adding some more fabulous May Arts ribbon.
xmas in July pg20-21
xmas in July pg22-23
Of course the last page is the back cover of the album so that was turned into a big pocket as well.
xmas in July pg25
Supplies Used:
Basically Bare - Artful Binder
Art Anthology - Gesso
Ranger - Distress Ink (walnut stain)
Xyron - Mega Runner & foam squares
Carta Bella - So This Is Christmas collection
May Arts - ribbons
Thanks so much so much for stopping by today, hope I have inspired you to start you countdown to Christmas albums early!
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment