Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Altered Candle

Hey there everyone, thanks for stopping.  I'm sharing one of my projects for Petaloo with you today.    As i'm thinking of taking down my Christmas decorations and getting back out all of the old decor that I had on my shelf....I saw this big brown candle just sitting there looking very plain now.  I always feel that the house looks so empty after putting away all of the Holiday decor.  
I thought to myself....new year, new decor and an instant project was in the works!!!  I took this plain tall brown candle that I had, added some burlap and Petaloo goodies and I love the way it looks!  So after you put all of your Holiday decorations away and you are bringing back out the old plain stuff again....just grab your Petaloo goodies, a glue gun and get to work!
Here is my finished altered candle.

Petaloo new year3

I first placed a thick burlap ribbon around the candle, then placed the flowers down before I glued them to the candle to make sure I liked the way they were arranged.

Petaloo new year1

I took apart a couple of the Sugared Berry Clusters and placed them inbetween some of the flowers after they had been glued down.

Petaloo new year2

Supplies Used:
Petaloo - Faux dried ephemera (brown and red),Sugar red berry clusters (brown)
Burlap
Xyron - High Tack Tape
Glue Gun
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you try to altered some of your "old" decor to make them new again for this coming year!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment