Monday, September 19, 2016

Oh What Fun It Is 2 Be AXO

So after cleaning my craft area I was eager to get back to crafting (of course football was on in my scraproom while crafting)!!  I don't have any local stores to shop at to get the newest paper, so I went through my stash of goodies and found the perfect Christmas line for the photos I wanted to scrap.  Since I'm playing catch up on photos I of course start with Christmas!!  Digging through my stash I come across Simple Stories Cozy Christmas collection....complete with all the embellies....how did I not touch this before now?

Let's talk title.....I love the pages you can cut apart and found the perfect saying (well almost perfect) I of course had to add a sticker and some rub-ons to make it just right! The red and green in this line are pretty perfect for the Alpha Chi Omega colors of my daughter sorority.  Last year I made my daughter, her big, and great grand big ornaments......and of course I already have the ones for this year in the works!!!


Here is the finished layout.


I started by matting the photos and moving papers around to see which ones I liked best.  Ink for me is a MUST so I grabbed my Ranger Distress Ink (walnut stain) and inked the edges! I used my favorite adhesive Xyron, and the foam pop dots that I have hoarded for a while to pop up the banner and heart below.


I have to put the year on it otherwise I will forget :)


Here is another close up of my fun title work and you can see I added a few of the dots around the layout as well.


Can I just tell you it felt amazing to be creating again!!!  

Supplies Used:
Simple Stories - Cozy Christmas
Xyron - Mega Runner & foam squares
Ranger - Distress Ink (walnut stain)

Thanks for stopping by and I'm looking forward to sharing many more creations yet this year!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment